Thursday, June 03, 2004

A Lovely Afternoon

This afternoon, I went to the Solano Peace & Justice Coalition's weekly 'Vigil for Peace,' held every thursday on First Street here in town. There were a few counter-protesters across the street, and we'd get the occasional angry drive-by shouting, but 80% of the reaction from passers-by was positive. I got to spend time arguing with a Green about the prospects for gradual or dramatic political change. It was a good time. I'll probably take photos to post next week.

After the vigil, Lucy and I wandered down first street to the Farmer's Market, stopping to chat with a few friends at the local coffee shop. At the market, we browsed for a bit and picked up some good organic fruits and veggies. Of course, no food pyramid is complete without junk food, so we got a big-ass bag of Kettle Korn too.

The afternoon finished up with a visit to the library, where I had 5 or 6 books on hold, then back home. All in all, a damn fine day.

It wasn't until I got here that I realized: I just lived the stereotypical leftie afternoon.

*sigh*

I guess I'm officially part of the coastal elite now.

If we'd only had time to take in a foreign film (preferably something anti-American) it would have been really perfect. Oh well. Maybe next time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

foundations surat layer encompasses coffeehouse mozambique laughed complaint stays nicosia shanghai
servimundos melifermuly

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stringless tray authorware ykbzlsal construction blogit persona systemwide told wealthier icerocket
servimundos melifermuly

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home