Tuesday, June 22, 2004

James Burke's KnowledgeWeb

Okay, I'm going to bed, but I ran across a link I just had to toss up here. I've checked the original Connections series out from the library recently, and Lucy and I have been working our way through it, getting ever more impressed with James Burke as we went. Thus tonight, I was poking around the net to see what he's up to these days, and I ran across James Burke's KnowledgeWeb Project. I swear to god, this is really, really cool. I have no idea how they'll ever get it up and functional, considering the obscene amount of information they must be working with, but here's hoping.

Oh, and check out the video demo to get some idea as to why I'm so jazzed about this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Billzy said...

What a silly sounding man. He's got the voice of the fellow who reads The Hitchhiker's Guide in the celebrated BBC (?) production..

I had some problems with the video link for some reason. For anyone else who does.. it seems to work to first open real then to open the link. What-ever.

B

8:36 AM  
Blogger Myca said...

Yeah, the video link has seemed to work fine on my Mac, but not so much on the PC. God only knows why.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home