Friday, May 21, 2004

Welcome!

Well, greetings, all. Welcome to my little corner of the universe. I'm Myca, your host around these parts. I'll be writing primarily about politics, with occasional stopovers into the land of role-playing games. it all depends on my mood.

Politically, I'm a big ol' leftie, but I'll often have views or perspectives that differ from the party line in one way or another. Fer example: "I believe that John Kerry is actually an okay candidate. I do not believe that voting for him is a vote for 'the lesser of the two evils,' because I do not believe that he is evil." Or: "Although I believe he is the wrong man for the job, I do not believe that George Bush is evil either. Horribly, unforgivably incompetent, perhaps, and almost certainly guilty of war crimes, but not evil per se."

When it comes to RPGs, I mostly play and run World of Darkness stuff, but I've had a lot of fun with Runequest (the much-hated Avalon Hill edition), In Nomine, Champions, Paranoia, and a few others.

D20 can fuck off.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ampersand said...

We mostly play a hybred of Ares Magica and GURPS, but in a setting that's an original creation.

Anyhow, malzitov on the new blog! I've often wondered why you don't have a blog of your own, since you're such a good writer (I've been meaning to ask if you wanted to become an "Alas" poster, but clearly I waited too long). I'll definitely be reading.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Myca said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Myca said...

Wow, Amp, thanks! Coming from the author of one of the first blogs I check upon waking each morning, that means a lot.

As far as RPGs go, I think I made an Ars Magica character once, like 13 years ago. House Flambeau, if I remember properly. Actually, coincidentally, in the vampire game I'm on my way to today, I'm playing one of a pair of twin brother Tremere . . . so that's another sorta-kinda Ars Magica connection.

---Myca

10:57 AM  
Blogger Elkins said...

Hey, cool to see that you've got a shiny new soapbox! I've always enjoyed your posts on Alas a lot.

::lowers voice::

Er, look, you wouldn't happen to by any chance have a syndication feed, would you? How hard is it to set one up here on blogger? I just ask because I'm incredibly lazy, and so I like to use my livejournal flist to let me know when people update. So if you do have one, if you could ship me the URL or stick it in the sidebar or something, that would be more nifty than words can e'er express. If not, no problemo. :)

And Paranoia is the best.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Myca said...

Oh man, I'm sorry, I have not a fricking clue how to set up a syndication feed. Tell you what . . . that'll be #3 on the 'big list of things to figure out.' It falls right after 'learn some damn HTML' and 'use that HTML knowledge to set up a blogroll off on my sidebar.'

Sure I know what I'm doing, why do you ask?
;->

---Myca

10:24 AM  
Blogger Elkins said...

::cue Homer Simpson voice:: Doh!

I figured it out. Or, rather, I had bloglines figure it out for me.

You have an atom feed at:

http://howlingrage.blogspot.com/atom.xml

That works for me! Don't ask me why I didn't think to try that one. I could have sworn that I *had.*

11:28 AM  
Blogger Myca said...

I've got an Atom feed, huh?

Neat!

God, I'll bet this is how my Dad feels with his new computer. There are all these features, and he knows that they're supposed to be good and useful, but at this point, he's just taking my word for it.

---Myca

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home